You asked for an all-terrain, highly programmable, infinitely-expandable robot — well, here it is. Meet Sphero RVR, the robot built by us but inspired by educators, students, hackers, and makers like you.
Level Up with Sphero RVR (The robot that grows with you.)
- Good for Beginners: RVR is fun to drive and easy to code. Open up the Sphero Edu app to drive RVR all over and when you’re ready to start coding, the Sphero Edu app makes it simple and intuitive: start out with Draw & Drive then dive into Scratch Blocks.
- A Medium for Makers: Ready for more? Integrate RVR’s powerful on-board sensors into your programming projects and coding creations, then share them with the world.
What will you build? (A platform for creativity.)
- Tough and Tenacious: A powerful motor, all-terrain treads, and plenty of torque give you the freedom to drive RVR just about anywhere. Sphero RVR also features a precise, professional-level control system that won’t be deterred by obstacles or uneven surfaces.
- Packed with Sensors: Sphero RVR’s on-board sensors include a color sensor, light sensor, IR, magnetometer, accelerometer, and gyroscope. Navigate RVR through a color maze or tap into IR to play with bot-to-bot communication.
FEATURES & TECHNOLOGIES
- Removable, rechargeable USB C battery allows you to recharge quickly and even add a backup battery for continued use.
- All terrain for both indoor and outdoor use allows you to take your RVR into the great outdoors, climb obstacles, and experiment in a wide range of environments.
- Advanced control system allows for extremely precise, vector-based driving. The robot even corrects for unexpected obstacles.
- Expansion Port allows users to go beyond the onboard sensors and connect 3rd party hardware like Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and MicroBit.
- Color sensors allow RVR to detect and mimic RGB values of the surface it drives over or write programming variables based on the color detected.
- Infrared sensors allow bot to bot communication, swarm programming, robot follow and evade with other RVRs or even a Sphero BOLT.
- Customizable LED lighting allows for vibrant visual feedback and customizations.
- Ambient light sensors allow users to write programming variables based on LUX value detected. Users could start a program when lights in the room are turned on or off or they could program RVR to drive when a flashlight is held up to it.
What’s in the box?
- Removable cover plate and developer plate with quick-release button
- Removable, protective roll cage
- Removable and rechargeable battery
- Universal, 4-Pin UART expansion port for connecting 3rd party hardware (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, micro:bit)
- 5V 2.1A USB-A onboard connectivity to power your projects using RVR’s battery.
- Compatible and programmable with the Sphero Edu app