Raspberry Pi is a single-board computer developed in the UK to teach the basic of computer science. This tiny machine with a little imagination and know-how can to whip together crazy creations – mini-PC, video surveillance, extending the range of Wi-Fi etc.
Built on the latest Broadcom 2837 ARMv8 64bit processor. The new generation Raspberry Pi 3 Model B is faster and more powerful than its predecessors. With built-in wireless and Bluetooth connectivity, it becomes the idea IoT ready solution.
When we say that Raspberry Pi offers endless opportunities, we mean it. However, it doesn’t help you to understand how a Raspberry Pi board fits into your lifestyle or workplace. To help spark your ideas and get your project going, here are some things you might find the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B useful for:
• Learn to Programme – Raspberry Pi is a great tool to learn how to program and there are tonnes of resources available on the Pi Foundation website and other communities to help you.
• Teach to Programme – Raspberry Pi is used in schools all over the country, inspiring the engineers of tomorrow.
• Media Centre – play and stream TV channels and music.
• Wildlife Monitoring – Keep track of the wildlife in your garden, both day and night with the addition of the original or PINOIR camera modules.
• Retro Games Console – recreate your favourite games from your childhood, complete with a retro style joystick.
• Home Automation – enter the generation of the Internet of Things by setting up automated lighting, appliances or temperature control systems throughout your home.
• Lighting Show – impress your neighbours with a spectacular lighting show controlled your Raspberry Pi board.
• Industrial – use the Raspberry Pi to monitor areas of production, automate timely processes or even use for quality control.