Key Learning Objectives
- Investigating, make models with movements and designing solutions
- Engaging students in subjects by making it real and relevant
- Explore concepts in the Cycles, Interactions & Energy domains of the Science Syllabus
- Brainstorm to create stories, projects and solutions
- Make use of technology in cross-curricular or project-based learning
- Understanding the basics of robotics
- Science: Create and program a robot to investigate the effects of balanced and unbalanced forces on the motion of an object.
- Technology: Create and program a floodgate to control the water level of a river to prevent flooding
- Engineering: Create a solution to assist with the rescue of animal in dangerous situations
- Mathematics: Investigate the factors that make a car go faster, to help predict future motion
This WeDo 2.0 Core set comes with its Software and projects. The unique solution combines the LEGO brick, classroom-friendly software, engaging projects and every student’s desire to explore.
The core set is delivered in a storage bin with sorting trays, labels, Smarthub, Medium Motor, motion sensor, tilt sensor, and building elements for two students.
The software includes one Get Started Project, which delivers an introductory experience to the hardware, software, and documentation tool. The desktop- and tablet-supported software provides an easy-to-use programming environment that gives life to students’ LEGO® models. Instructions on how to download the software are delivered in the box. The LEGO Education WeDo 2.0 software can also be downloaded from iTunes or Windows app store for FREE.
- WeDo 2.0 Core Set, Software and Get Started Project
- Storage bin with sorting trays, labels, smarthub, medium motor, motion sensor, tilt sensor and 280 building elements
- Piece count: 280
- For ages 7& up
Download software, curriculum and eLearning for WeDo 2.0 for FREE!
The WeDo 2.0 Curriculum Pack contains software for programming the WeDo 2.0 Core Set, together with over 40 hours of teaching material. The Curriculum Pack delivers key science content while incorporating activities across computing. Included is the WeDo 2.0 programming software, material for delivering 17 projects, plus resources such as learning grids, integrated assessment tools and ideas for differentiation.
IMPORTANT! Please check out the list of software requirements to determine if this product is compatible with your tablet or computer.