BBC micro:Bit Go is a tiny programmable computer, designed to make learning and teaching easy and fun! The micro:bit go Starter Kit is perfect for getting started with the 2016 BBC micro:bit.
Get creative, get connected & get coding with the micro:bit go. A complete set containing all the parts and inspirational ideas to get started with the micro:bit.
The micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that you can code, customise and control to bring your digital ideas, games and apps to life. Each element is completely programmable via easy-to-use software on a dedicated website (www.microbit.org) that can be accessed from a PC, tablet, or mobile.
- Microprocessor: 32-bit ARM® Cortex™ M0 CPU
- A 5×5 LED matrix with 25 red LEDs to light up and can display animiated patterns, scrolling text and alphanumeric characters
- Two programmable buttons. Use them as a games controller, or control music on a smart phone
- On-board motion detector or 3-AXIS digital accelerometer that can detect movement e.g. shake, tilt or free-fall
- A built-in compass, 3D magnetometer to sense which direction you’re facing and your movement in degrees and detect the presence of certain metals and magnets
- Bluetooth® Smart Technology. Connect the micro:bit to other micro:bits, devices, phones, tablets, cameras and other everday objects
- 20 pin edge connector: This allows the micro:bit to be connected to other devices such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Galileo and Kano through a standard connector
- Micro-USB controller: This is controlled by a separate processor and presents the micro:bit to a computer as a memory stick
- Five Ring Input and Output (I/O) including power (PWR), ground (GRD) and 3 x I/O.
- System LED x 1 (yellow)
- System push button switch x 1
It’s super easy to use, and ready to get started out-of-the-box, with a choice of coding editors for all abilities available in multiple languages. The extensive wireless and sensor features mean the micro:bit can be used across the school, including subjects such as science, design, maths, music, art and computing.
Each micro:bit go contains 1x micro:bit, USB cable, battery holder & 2x AAA batteries along with a Quick Start Guide featuring 4 fun ideas all in a retail ready pack. The micro:bit go is the quickest and easiest way for children to get going with the microbit.